Friday, May 16, 2014

My App Review: FarFaria

     Hello, all! I have another little something to share with you! I was recently contacted by someone from Pulp PR who asked me if I would be interested in reviewing an app for them. I was pretty excited about this chance, because I love to share great products with you guys. So of course I said yes to a chance to try it out free. And keep in mind I would never give my stamp of approval to something I don't think is great just because I was asked to review it!
     The app is called FarFaria. It's an app for children on iPad and android products. Basically, when you open up the app, you see a world map. Each area of the map represents different story genres. You can choose adventure, bedtime, etc. (I really enjoyed the sing alongs!). Once you choose the area of the world you want to enter, you can then choose from various stories. One of my favorite features is that you can choose a tab that sorts the stories by reading level, so if your little one will be reading it will be easier to find something appropriate to their rading ability. You can opt to read the story to yourself or let the narrator read to you. This is nice to have if your small one is ready to hear a story but you're a little tied up at the moment.
     Another feature I really enjoyed was that I was able to save the stories we liked to our favorites. That way we didn't have to go through each section of the world trying to remember where our favorite story was! Also, I used this feature when I went through the stories and saw some I wanted to read later. Easily saved. I also liked that there were plenty of classic stories to read as well as originals. The artwork on some of these stories is beautiful too!! I was really surprised. Overall, I have nothing but great things to say about the app. Not only do I really enjoy it, but of course I handed it over to the true critics - the munchkins. They enjoy it too and they honestly don't want to turn it off once they start.
     I was curious, though, how often new books are added. If you're going to pay a monthly subscription, I would expect new books to be added regularly. I asked the gentleman who first contacted me. He informed me that books are added quite regularly - at least five a week, which was more than I anticipated and enough to keep me happy.
     So, yes, I absolutely like this app and I would definitely recommend FarFaria to anyone with young children (up to 9 or 10 yrs.). It's fun and colorful and the kids really enjoy choosing a place on the map to go for their story.
     Well that's it. That's my review. You can check it out for yourselves at the App Store. I hope the review was helpful! If any of you try FarFaria, leave a comment and let me know how the little people in your life liked it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More