Tuesday, May 20, 2014

No-Flour Banana Pancakes

      Hello, all! I apologize for not posting too much last week. It was quite a busy week. But none the less, I'm back and I have a pretty fun post for you all today. If you haven't already noticed, I like to find healthy alternatives for my family and share them with yours. I also try to share posts on FaceBook of the same breed. (So if you haven't already, race over and hit "like" on Amerimommy's page so you aren't missing out!) Recently, I shared a post from The Natural Parent Magazine for flourless pancakes. I don't like to just share stuff with you all without trying it for myself, so this week I gave the recipe a shot.
       Now, from the very easy to follow recipe pictured, it seems all you need is a banana and two eggs. You would slice the banana into a bowl, crack your eggs in there and mash them together. Then you would pour them into your greased pan and cook like a normal pancake. So that's exactly what I did for purposes of reporting back to all of you.
      I used large eggs and just a simple masher. The product of this was more of a banana omelet than a pancake. Also, this only makes one pancake, so don't expect to feed your family if you only have a single, lonely banana lying around. I disliked it, but the kids ate it up.

      For the next batch, I used one egg and one banana. I followed everything else the same as before. This turned out better, in my opinion. The egg-banana ratio was better, but I think it was still a bit of a strange texture.

 What I will do differently the next time I try this recipe:
       I'm going to revise the recipe a bit by using two bananas to one large egg and using a hand blender instead of mashing them. Also, the flavor was a little bland for me, so I'm going to add a bit of cinnamon. Also, my bananas weren't at the peak of their ripeness yet, so I'm going to make sure my bananas are on the verge of brownness for my next go.

      Has anyone else tried this recipe or one like it? Let me know!


http://www.topmommyblogs.com/

       

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More