Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Jonty the Dinosaur App Review

      I'm always very thankful when a company reaches out to me for a review of their product, so I was very excited when a marketing consultant contacted me for a review of an app called Jonty - The Dinosaur Who Could Not Go to Sleep. It's an interactive bedtime story for your kids and it's a lot of fun! 


      Jonty the dinosaur has a very busy day, so once bedtime rolls around he has difficulties falling asleep. I think most of us have experienced the thousands of excuses children come up with to evade shutting their eyes and dosing off, and Jonty does too. It's relatable for children and parents alike, which makes it even more appealing to me. 

     The overall feel of the app is very bedtime appropriate. It has nice, soft illustrations, gentle and soothing background music, and the storyline is just the right amount of exciting for bedtime. Plus, it hasn't become old news once you've read through it. You can make the story unique by adding to it over and over again. The kids loved adding objects to the story to make it their own, which is nice because they are getting a story and a bit of a game all-in-one.

     There are different modes to choose from on the main page of the app. We can choose to have the story read to us, add to the story, have the story play automatically without interactions, or we can choose to read it ourselves. I love the last option for children just learning to read, because if they get stuck on a word all they need to do is press that word and the narrator will say it for them.

      The app is longer than I expected, which was a nice surprise. I can see the disappointment in the eyes of children when you read a story that doesn't meet their expectations, and that didn't happen with Jonty. I was very pleased with this app and I do recommend it to anyone with children probably up to the age of 10 or so. Jonty has nice illustrations, a fun storyline, and it's a great way to wind down - this app definitely gets the Amerimommy stamp of approval. 
   
Have you tried Jonty? What did you think?

Help others find Amerimommy too! Vote by clicking the banner below.
http://www.topmommyblogs.com/



      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More