Monday, July 14, 2014

My Reading Eggs Review: Why I think you should try it

    Helllooo, all! I'm here to share yet another review! Those of you who are fans of the Amerimommy Facebook page  will also find more posts in the future from Reading Eggs. Reading Eggs is pretty much a game that helps your child learn to read or build upon their current reading skills.


     The website states that the program is suitable for children ages 3-12. Luckily for me, I have friends and family with children on all ends of that age group to test this out on! I'm going to jump right into the review and say the kids loved it! The first thing that happens after signing up is a fun test to see how much the child already knows so they can start at a comfortable stage in the program. I really liked the way this was done. If you have a child on the younger side, you can opt to skip this and just let him/her start from the beginning.

     The activities were very colorful and entertaining with stories, music, and games. Each child really enjoyed the time s/he spent playing. I was also very impressed at the way it was set up. The best way I can describe it is that it was like a fruit smoothie with vegetables secretly blended in for a picky eater. They were having fun and were excited to get to the next level and it didn't seem like work.

     Here is the strangest thing - after only a couple hours, the child who couldn't spell before knew more letters and sounds and knew how to spell three words. That was the biggest shocker for me. Wow! It wasn't even a day and already there was a huge amount of progress. I can only imagine what would happen a few months down the road. Every child will pick it up at a different pace and that's important to remember. Upon reviewing the website, you will see that it states 97% of people notice improvement in their child's reading ability. I can definitely believe that from what I saw with my mini study group.

    Reading Eggs also offers a program called Mathseeds, which I haven't yet tested but I am so excited to try.

     So, yes, I do recommend trying this out! Here's the best part, you can still get a free 14 day trial on the website. You can test it out and see how much your child enjoys the program. That website is here. I know there are a lot of very expensive programs that make very large promises. It's nice to have one out there that offers a free trial with no credit card required - you just get to try it. You can really tell there was a lot of time and effort put into this by people who really know what kids are craving from their entertainment and studies. Reading Eggs is okay by me and most definitely gets a stamp of approval.

     ** In case you were wondering, it's been a month since I started testing this program and the child I described learning to spell can still spell the learned words. **

     Has your child tried the program? Share your experience with us!

Like the blog? Be sure to vote it up on the TMB directory by clicking the link below!





   


     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More