Monday, April 28, 2014

My "no-poo-do" update

     For those of you who don't know about my no shampoo experiment, let me fill you in quickly. I have stopped using the commercial shampoos and conditioners you find in grocery stores and have switched to natural shampoo bars. It looks like a bar of soap except you wash your hair with it. For more on how I do it, you can look back through my past posts in March.
     I have been doing this for over a month and I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.  My hair does not feel like straw! That's probably the biggest worry I had. I am, however washing it about every other day. That wasn't my goal, but I just found that I couldn't go more than three days without washing. It was just too much for me. I can't wear hats everywhere I go until my hair readjusts to the new washing schedule. I wash my hair every other day or every third day at most. I'm not doing the apple cider vinegar each wash either. I found that it almost conditioned my hair too much! I use it about every two weeks. However, your hair can become a bit static charged without it. If you have dry hair or maybe even curly hair, you will probably want to use it more often.
      The baking soda wash with vinegar rinse I have decided to do once monthly and that seems to be perfect for me. It gets any buildup out of my hair and also just feels awesome on my scalp. Just be sure not to be scrubbing it into your skin too hard as I'm sure it can be very irritating. I do it very gently and then down the length of my hair. As I've said before, this will make it squeaky clean. The vinegar will then balance your hair and make it super soft.
      Let's see, what else? Oh, yes! The bar shampoo leaves my hair with an awesome texture. I have a couple different bars and each leaves a different feel- even different scents in the same brand. I like it because I can do a messy hair look with zero hairspray. However, I tried hot rollers in my hair with this no poo method, and they didn't turn out quite as soft and sleek as I like. I would recommend a more natural liquid shampoo for styles like this.
     If you have any questions about how you can try the no poo method, feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. Take care and have a great day!





 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More